Lately, a lot of customers have expressed interest in wanting to redo their bathrooms or kitchens as their next interior design project for their homes. This got us thinking…what are the new trends for tile design? Are they still the same trends that have been popular for the last few years? Since there really is no straight forward way to find the answers to our questions, we started doing some research and came across a few articles about tile trends. One, in particular, caught our eye.
According to an article from Daltile, the classic look of tiles are slowing phasing out and individuals are developing new trends.
The article (Daltile – 5 Trends on their way out) states the following:
- Square tiles are becoming less popular and homeowners are now gaining interest in other shapes, such as diamonds, lanterns, teardrops, octagons, hexagons, etc.
- The usual standard 12×12 size tile is also changing. People are starting to select sizes such as 12×24 or larger.
- Plastic is pretty much completely out. Natural seems to be the way to go, whether that be with stone or wood.
- LVT is also becoming more popular because of technology continually getting better and making the products seem much more realistic and great on the eyes.
- Less is more. Simple designs are the way to go instead of overdesigning a space.
Just because a trend is starting to be phased out or rarely seen, doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s a bad design choice. It just means that the popular vote now belongs to something else. We still stand behindÂ our mindset that if you like something, stick with it! Your home is your personal space and should be a reflection of yourself. Even if all of your favorite design ideas are on the “not trending” list, we still say go for it! Choose what you love because at the end of the day, it’s still a space that you have to live in, not anyone else. As long as it makes you happy, oh well!