DeSitter Flooring - COVID-19 UPDATE 3/23/20
From DeSitter Flooring co-owners,
Steve DeSitter and Tom Cunningham
DeSitter Flooring is one century old. Together, we’ve endured wars, epidemics, several recessions, and The Great Depression. The COVID-19 virus presents urgent new challenges, and we want to reassure our customers, employees, and their families that their safety, health, and well-being will always be our highest priority.
DeSitter Flooring will operate in compliance with the State’s “EXECUTIVE ORDER IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19”. What this means that we are able to perform installations that are essential to maintain the safety, sanitation, essential operation of any residential, business, new construction, or remodel. We will continue to take all necessary precautions to ensure a healthy work and shopping environment. We are monitoring and following official CDC guidelines as well as local and federal health officials.
- Multiple times daily, we are disinfecting all “high touch” areas such as door handles, chairs, computer equipment, desks, common areas, etc.
- We encourage all employees who have pre-existing health concerns or even those who think they might be ill, to stay home.
All employees are reminded to:
- Wash hands frequently, avoid physical contact and be mindful of social distancing.
- Any staff member scheduled to enter a customer’s home is required to wear protective gloves. Staff members may include estimators, installers, delivery drivers, the sales associate, and / or the field supervisor.
- All visitors entering private showroom appointments or offices will be offered protective gloves.
- All returned hard surface flooring samples will be disinfected by our staff.
During this time, DeSitter is open virtually with a limited sales staff and hours available. We are able to handle your new or existing flooring project via phone, email, or online video conferencing.
In addition, we are offering the following alternative shopping/design consultation options:
- DeSitter showrooms will be open for PRIVATE scheduled appointments only. These appointments are totally private, allowing only ONE appointment at a time.
- Shop at home services –Appointments scheduled are on a case by case, “Essential Need” basis and willingness to allow entry.
- Customer video conferencing with one of our flooring experts for consultations and questions regarding your project.
- Ordering samples online to have shipped directly to your home or business.
To learn more or to schedule your free private showroom or shop-at-home visit, please contact the following:
On behalf of the entire DeSitter team, we thank you for the opportunity of serving you and our community for 100 Years. Together, we will get through this pandemic. Please stay well and don’t hesitate to reach out with questions or concerns.