Preventing moisture buildup and mold growth in a basement is critical to your home?s foundation and your personal health. With proper precautionary steps, most flooring types are sufficient for keeping the moisture out. However, here are a few reasons why Vinyl flooring is the best choice for your basement.
- Easy installation makes for easy repairs
- Vinyl is mostly plastic making it 100% waterproof
- Sub flooring underneath the vinyl also assists with waterproofing
- Other flooring types such as carpet or wood will absorb moisture
- Thicker flooring equals less ware and traps in more heat